Professor Dr. Brian A. Rothbart is a leading internationally recognized expert in the field of chronic muscle and joint pain. He has spent over 44 years in research and clinical practice and is the discoverer of two inherited, abnormal foot structures – the Rothbarts Foot and PreClinical Clubfoot Deformity – which predispose over 80 percent of the world population to chronic muscle and joint pain.
Professor Dr. Brian A. Rothbart is also the developer of Rothbart Proprioceptive Therapy, a holistic, non-invasive therapy that permanently greatly reduces or completely eliminates chronic muscle and joint pain, without the use of drugs or surgery. He also developed Long Distance Rothbart Proprioceptive Therapy for patients who are unable to travel due to their chronic pain.
Professor Dr. Rothbart has advanced the understanding of how the foot structure is linked to the development of chronic musculoskeletal pain and has made seven key discoveries that have led to the elimination of chronic muscle and joint pain.
1. He was the first person to demonstrate that chronic muscle and joint pain could be eliminated, not
2. He demonstrated that changes in how the foot develops in the womb result in abnormal foot
motion which leads to poor posture and chronic pain.
3. He discovered, demonstrated and documented how the foot is linked to the knee, pelvis and low
4. He discovered two distinct, previously unknown inherited foot structures, which he linked to the
development of chronic muscle and joint pain.
5. He invented a novel approach to resolve chronic pain by improving muscle function, using
proprioceptive stimulation underneath the feet.
6. He was the first person to link abnormal foot motion to changes in the occlusion (bite) and stress
patterns in the cranial bones.
7. He was the first to link abnormal foot motion to the development of Scoliosis.
Following is a summary of Professor Dr. Rothbart’s training and experience
Education and Specialty Boards
• Bachelors of Science (BSc – Major in Chemistry and Biology)
• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
• Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM)
• Licentiate (Masters) in Education
• PhD in Health Education (Dissertation on Chronic Degenerative Diseases)
• Diplomate, American Academy Pain Management
• Fellow, American College of Foot Orthopedics (Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Orthopedics)
• Diplomate, National Boards of Podiatry Examiners
• Fellow, Royal Society of Health
• Board Certified, Natural Medicine
Research and Publications
• Discovered and published on two previously unrecognized foot structures, referred to in the
medical literature as Rothbarts Foot and PreClinical Clubfoot Deformity.
• Advanced the understanding of how foot structure is linked to the development of chronic pain.
• Developed the use of proprioceptive therapy and proprioceptive insoles to reverse chronic
musculoskeletal pain, referred to in the medical literature as Rothbart Proprioceptive Therapy and
Rothbart Proprioceptive Insoles
• Internationally recognized by other experts for his research in proprioceptive therapy
• Head Researcher, Diabetic Study, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
• 4 United State’s Patents issued, recognizing Professor Dr Rothbart’s research
• Over 25 scientific papers published in 4 countries
• Author of research website: Proprioceptive Stimulation. An Effective Tool for Reversing Postural
Distortions and Eliminating Chronic Pain
• Author of books: Forever Free From Chronic Pain and The Foot’s Connection To Chronic Pain
• Recipient of the Stickel Research Award – for outstanding research in Podiatric Orthopedics,
awarded by the American Podiatric Medical Association
• Recipient of the Walsh Research Award – for outstanding work in Neurophysiology, awarded by the
College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
There are no revisions for this post.